Hear about travel to Flanders in Belgium from the Amateur Traveler. I recently traveled to 5 cities in Belgium: Antwerp, Ghent, Ieper, Bruges and Brussels. Each of these historic cities is wonderfully picturesque, even on a grey November day.
The main purpose for this trip was a press trip with VisitFlanders around the upcoming anniversary of World War I. I talk about some of the historic sites and events related to the Great War including the 150 cemeteries around Ieper, Belgium as well as its Last Post ceremony.
I saw 4 great museums that I will talk about:
- Ieper – Flanders Field Museum
- Antwerp – Ruben’s House
- Antwerp – Red Star Line Museum
- Brussels – Musical Instrument Museum
I also talk about the beautiful sites of Flander’s “Art Cities” including Bruges which is a UNESCO World History site. Here the bells of the clock town, the musical instruments of the Musical Instrument Museum and the bugle calls of the last post in Ieper as we explore Flanders together.
- Het Moment – Boterstraat 42 – Ieper
- Jaloa – 4 Quai aux Barques – Bruxelles
- The 11th Commandment in Antwerp, Belgium
- Antwerp – Radisson
- Antwerp – Lindner
- Ghent – Marriott
- Ieper – Novatel
- Brussels – The Dominican (slow internet)
It’s my birthday!