Hear about a Baltic Cruise on Viking Ocean as the Amateur Traveler talks to Mary Jo Manzanares from travelingwithmj.com about their recent Viking Homelands cruise on the Viking Sea.
Chris, Mary Jo and their respective spouses have recently returned from a 15 day cruise that traveled to 8 countries: Sweden (Stockholm), Finland (Helsinki), Russia (Saint Petersburg), Estonia (Tallinn), Poland (Gdansk), Germany (“Berlin”), Denmark (Copenhagen, Aalborg) and Sweden (Stvanger, Flam, Bergin).
Highlights of the trip include visites to 7 different UNESCO World Heritage sites including the Hermitage in Saint Petersburg, which is now Chris’s favorite art museum / palace.
Viking Ocean sponsored this trip because they are trying to get out the word that the company known for river cruises is also now in the ocean cruise business. A lot of the extras that they provided in the river cruise business like included shore excursions in every port, free beer and wine with meals, and free internet, have been carried over to this luxury cruise experience. The Viking Sea is less than a year old only about 6 months old, the second ship in the Viking Ocean fleet.
Hear about this great ship, wonderful crew and amazing cruise itinerary on this episode of Amateur Traveler.
Viking Homelands Cruise
Temppeliaukio Church (Rock Church) in Helsinki
Russia Tourist Visa
House of Fabergé
Hike to Preikestolen – the Pulpit Rock
Dr Jeffrey S. Morton
- Historic Centre of Saint Petersburg and Related Groups of Monuments
- Castle of the Teutonic Order in Malbork
- Hanseatic City of Lübeck
- West Norwegian Fjords – Geirangerfjord and Nærøyfjord
- Historic Centres of Stralsund and Wismar
- Historic Centre (Old Town) of Tallinn
- Sweden: Stockholm photos, Landsort photos, Stockholm Archipelago photos
- Finland: Helsinki photos, Porvoo photos
- Russia: Saint Petersburg photos
- Estonia: Tallin photos
- Poland: Malbork Castle photos
- Germany: Lübeck photos, Wismar photos
- Denmark: Copenhagen photos, Aalborg photos
- Norway: Stavanger photos, Flåm photos, Bergen photos